Jaume I University
Doctoral Programme in Mathematics | sep 2020 - present
- Line of research: Archetypal analysis.
- FPU predoctoral contract.
Master’s Degree in Computational Mathematics | sep 2018 - jul 2020
- Averge grade: 9.5.
- Outstanding Master’s Student Award.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computational Mathematics | sep 2014 - jul 2018
- Average grade: 8.57.
- Award for Academic Excellence to second-year degree students.
- Award for Academic Excellence to third-year degree students.
- Award for Academic Excellence to fourth-year degree students.
- Outstanding Graduate Achievement Award.
Jaume I University
- Predoctoral researcher oct 2021 - present
- I’m working on my PhD thanks to a FPU contract that I recieved from the Spanish Ministry of Universities.
- External lecturer feb 2021 - mar 2021
- I taught the second module of the SIQ025 and SIQ525 subjects included in the master’s degree in Computational Mathematics. The topics covered in the module were git and R packages.
- Research technician oct 2018 - aug 2021
- I was part of the DPI2017-87333-R project of the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities of Spain. I was in charge of conducting tests and experiments and analyzing the results. I also started researching in the field of archetypal analysis, publishing several articles and posters.
- Software analyst and designer oct 2018 - sep 2021
- I was part of the ironArray project. We developed a new computational engine optimized for big-data applications.
Open Source Projects
- blosc maintainer 2018 - present
- Blosc is a high performance compressor optimized for binary data.
- caterva lead maintainer 2018 - present
- Caterva is a multidimensional data container specially designed to deal with large multidimensional, chunked, compressed datasets.
- memprofiler creator 2020 - present
- Memprofiler is a IPython extension for monitoring memory usage of Jupyter notebook cells.
- archetypes creator 2021 - present
- Archetypes is a scikit-learn compatible Python package for archetypal analysis.
A. Alcacer, I. Epifanio, J. Valero, A. Ballester. Combining Classification and User-Based Collaborative Filtering for Matching Footwear Size. Mathematics (2021). DOI: 10.3390/math9070771.
A. Alcacer, Irene Epifanio, M. Victoria Ibáñez, Amelia Simó, A. Ballester. A data-driven classification of 3D foot types by archetypal shapes based on landmarks. PLoS ONE (2020). DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0228016.
A. Alcacer, I. Epifanio Discovering archetypal football teams and stats with biarchetype analysis. useR! (2022).
A. Alcacer, I. Epifanio, J. Valero, A. Ballester. Combining user-based collaborative filtering and classification for matching footwear size. CMStatistics (2021).
A. Alcacer, I. Epifanio. Biarchetype analysis: definition and application to sports analysis. 3rd BYMAT Conference (2020).
A. Alcacer, I. Epifanio, M. V. Ibáñez, A. Simó, A. Ballester. What are the types of Spanish foot shapes? Archetypoid analysis of 3D images. 30th International Biometric Conference, IBC (2020).
A. Alcacer, I. Epifanio, M. Victoria Ibáñez, A. Simó. Archetypal contour functions. 12th Scientific Meeting Classification and Data Analysis Group, CLADAG (2019). ISBN: 978-88-8317-108-6.
A. Alcacer, I. Epifanio, M. V. Ibáñez, A. Simó. Analysis of 2D foot morphology by functional archetypal analysis. XVII Conferencia Española de Biometría and VII Encuentro Iberoamericano de Biometría (2019). ISBN: 978-84-09-11706-2.
A. Alcacer, I. Epifanio. Analysis of gene expression data using biarchetype analysis. V Jornadas Científicas de Estudiantes de la Sociedad Española de Bioestadística, VJSEB (2021).
A. Alcacer, I. Epifanio, M. V. Ibáñez, A. Simó, A. Ballester. A data-driven classification of 3D foot types by archetypal shapes based on landmarks. V Congreso de Jóvenes Investigadores de la RSME (2020).